- MATH-TEACHER interacts with the students in a step-by-step process for solving problems.
- A problem is presented. The student types in the first step, as they would on paper. MATH-TEACHER tells them if they are right or wrong or provides a hint if they are close.
- Students can ask for guidance in how to begin a problem.
- Step-by-step as they work out the problem, MATH-TEACHER provides feedback and help.
- Any mathematically correct statement of the problem will work. MATH-TEACHER does not have an hidden database of problems. Instead, there is an infinite number of problems that can be presented.
- The flexibility of input allows strong students to solve problems in a few steps while less confident students can solve the same problem in many steps.
- Students are never allowed to solve a whole problem the wrong way. And they can't solve a whole set of problems the wrong way.
- No more practice solving problems incorrectly and re-enforcing the wrong way. No more moving on to the next math concept if the student isn't ready.
- An immediate feedback to each step in the solution process
- Guidance and hints
- Adaptation to student's level
- Students at their own pace
- Flexibility in the solution process
Other Important Properties:
- Unlimited number of solved examples
- Special on-line timed-test scheme
- Evaluation report for the teacher
- Friendly and easy to work with