Word Problems 1
Subject 1: Solving word problems involving percentages by using first degree equations.
- Level 1 : A merchant bought pots at a cost of $5.04 per pot. He sold them and made a net profit of 38%. What was the amount of his net profit per pot?
- Level 2 : In May the price of fabric was $24 per sq. yd. Six months later it was marked up by 29%. What was the new price ?
- Level 3 : In May the price of fabric was $15 per sq. yd. Six months later it was marked up by $5.55. What was the percent of increase in price ?
- Level 4 : A merchant bought coats at a cost of $89 per coat. He sold them for $111.25 per coat. What was his percent of net profit ?
- Level 5 : Fertilizer contains 4% nitrate. How much of it is needed for a field of 344 acres, if each acre needs 6 lb. of nitrate?
Subject 2: Solving word problems involving numbers by using first degree equations.
- Level 1 : When 5 is subtracted from a number the result is half of it. Find the number.
- Level 2 : The sum of two numbers is 15. When one of them is divided by 4 the result is the other. Find the numbers.
- Level 3 : The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 9. When the order of the digits is reversed the result is a number smaller than the original by 63. What is the original number ?
- Level 4 : The sum of two numbers is 22. When one of them is divided by the other the quotient is 4 and the remainder is 2. Find the numbers.
(C) Copyright 1999 MathKal Educational Software Ltd.